Don't Worry. About a thing.


With no games scheduled in St Lucia yesterday, Sunday for us was going to be all about learning how to relax again.

I'm loving my 6am starts in the morning. I simply CANNOT do this at home however much I try. But here it is easy. I am in heaven sitting on our little balcony - tapping away on the Chrome book, reading my book, and chatting to folks back home.

Interestingly, in my quest to relax, 3 little birds have started visiting me on the balcony in the morning - a little boy and girl bullfinch, plus a very handsome Zeniada dove. They aren't shy - especially the 2 little ones, who like to share my banana with me. I was reminded of the late great Bob Marley -

Rise up this morning
Smiled with the rising sun
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singing sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true saying,
"This is my message to you"
Singing: "Don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing is gonna be alright

How wonderful, as the rain plonks down again, that the great man himself is sending me messages of hope.



Later in the afternoon yesterday, with umpteen teas, coffees and croissants inside us, we set off to stretch our legs and find the beach. On the way, a familiar looking lady jogged towards us. "Eeh, it's Charlotte," I said, as she trotted past. Charlotte Edwards captained England for 10 years from 2005-2016 and is a total legend in the world of women's cricket. Yet another reference to Bob, with 'Legend' being the title of his compilation album.

As things often come in threes, I wondered silently if there would be another.

It didn't take long, as we strolled without a care in the world along the white sand.

A man appeared out of nowhere.

"You want some Marley?" he asked.

I was about to open my mouth and say, "Ooh that's so funny you should say that..." when Eddie quickened his pace and dragged me away.

"Drugs man, you plonker," he laughed.

"Oh."

Ah well, at least that proves that things do happen in threes.

And 'Marley,' for all the other innocent, oblivious, totally unstreet-wise souls out there is a synthetic drug designed to copy the effects of cannabis.

You learn something new every day and all that, but I think I'll stick to the task in hand - cricket.

England play TODAY v Bangladesh at 4pm. Eddie and I will be making the great trek through the rainforest once again - determined that we will see some play, and desperately hoping that, in the words of the great man once again, we won't be Waiting in Vain.

Comments

  1. You may not be seeing much cricket but you are giving everybody here a really good laugh with your blog. Excellent stuff. Did Charlotte not stop for a chat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is HOPE today, dad, as the sun is shining hotly, and there is blue sky above!
      We didn't like to interrupt Lottie's run, but she did give us a smile and a wave.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plodging to the cricket

Its a sell out!

One in a million